Monday, October 19, 2009

Cross Country

I did cross country last year. I almost did it this year, but it seemed much more competitive than last year so I didn't. Well, I was really missing the fun and exercise so I joined in mid-season. That was a month or two ago. The season ended last Saturday. We had our last meet a Guilford College. It was an easy middle school meet, so it was 1.8 miles. Ugg, I really didn't know how to pace myself since I was in the habit of doing 5K's. My time wasn't the best, so I'm not gonna post it. :) But afterwards we had a party and then I want to a another party with some friends. Wow, two parties in one day. Thats a record! Anyway, my weekend was actually really fun.

We are thinking of doing a winter xcountry team....I hope we do, I would rather do that than swim team. :)

Oh, wait. I left out something about the Saturday meet. It was like 40 degrees. And we have sleeveless jerseys! AND it was windy. I was SOOO cold!!! My mom took me to REI where I got a inexpensive long sleeve to help with the chilly weather. It really helped. I will probably be wearing it a lot if we do winter xcountry.

Also, I want to tell you about my meet Thursday.
It was at Salem Academy. It was really confusing and hard. It was also really cold (5o degrees, give or take a degree). I got a super bad time that day ( i wont repeat it) and went the the wrong way several times. The course could of been a lot easier if they didn't include the hill.
That hill is a form of cruel and unusual punishment. I'm not even kidding you. It was almost straight up. Then when you went back down it, you thought you could of broke your neck. It was scary and hard. I wish I could of taken a picture of it, to show you guys but I didn't.
One guy, who normally got a 16minute 5K got a 21minute 5K. You can imagine what my time was.... :)

Moving on...

One of my first WSYC Concerts is coming up soon! Yay!
It will be to support the Ronald McDonald house! I can't wait!

Also, Halloween is coming up!! Yay, I'm not sure what I will wear though.....

Ok, cya ya'll later!

Miriam


3 comments:

Millie said...

Hey Mimi!
cool blog! good job on your race!!
Love ya!

Abby said...

I really hope i can come to ur WSYC concert... that would be fun!:)
ahhh it was freezing! and i was wearing shorts that day at the ardmore 5k. i'm glad u had a good x-country year! i want to do the winter x-country thing if i can... I'm trying to get "fit-er!" that's not a word... o well!

Caroline said...

Very neat! AHHHH RUNNING!!!!! ;) hahahahha! 8th AMENDMENT!! (cruel and unusual punishment. I should know them! HA!)